The first step to everywhere.
— Apex Interstellar's slogan
Apex Interstellar Transport is a shuttle service that allows commanders to travel between starports and settlements in the Core Systems without the need to operate their own ship. Its services are available for a fee at any Concourse.
Apex Interstellar Transport maintains franchise locations at most Concourses. Commanders at settlements can also remotely call for a shuttle in order to depart the area. Apex shuttles can be booked to transport commanders to designated "Drop Off Points", including starports, outposts, surface ports, and settlements throughout the Core Systems. Total costs for the shuttle service include a Supercruise Fee, for intra-system travel, and a Hyperspace Fee, for interstellar travel. The base Supercruise Fee is 100 Credits and the Hyperspace Fee is only applied if a route involves making hyperspace jumps to other systems.
Apex maintains a dedicated shuttle hangar at every port where they offer their services. The company's fleet consists of custom Adders with Apex-branded livery and a unique internal configuration with four pilot seats, one of which is reserved for the Apex pilot. Once a flight is booked, commanders have five minutes to enter the hangar and board the shuttle before it departs, or cancel the booking. Cancelled bookings are refunded in full. If a commander does not cancel and also fails to board their shuttle, it will depart as scheduled regardless, and the booking fee will not be refunded.
Apex shuttle passengers have the option of redirecting the shuttle mid-flight for an additional fee. If the shuttle has sufficient fuel, it can be directed to either return to its departure point or diverted to a new destination.
- Apex shuttles transport their passengers to destinations in real time. If a player quits the game during transit, the shuttle will pause its journey, and resume it when the player logs back in.
- Apex Interstellar Transport shuttles are not equipped with Fuel Scoops and can only make a limited number of jumps in a given flight. It is therefore impossible to take a shuttle from Sol to Colonia, for example, due to the distance involved. Isolated systems with no inhabited neighbours within range do not offer interstellar shuttles.
- Apex Interstellar shuttles have an unladen jump range of 21.68 ly.
- When NPCs notice that a player is wanted, they will attack and destroy the Apex Interstellar ship, despite the ship being innocent.
- Odyssey Update 7 added optional mid-flight redirecting to Apex shuttle flights.
|Ship & Vehicle Manufacturers|
|Personal Equipment Manufacturers||
|Concourse Vendors & Services||