Asellus Primus is one of three potential starting systems for newly-licensed Commanders of the Pilots Federation, the others being LHS 3447 and Dromi. It is located in the Core Systems of the Inner Orion Spur.
Rich, low population high tech economy (independent corporate state).
An independent corporate-run binary system, with a central white F7V star and, further out, a captured planet-less M3V red dwarf. The capture event millions of years earlier doubtless stripped Asellus Primus B of any planets that might have formed with it. Asellus Primus is known for its high tech manufacturing. Also known as 23 Theta Bootis.
— In-Game Description
- Asellus Primus (Class F Star)
- Asellus Primus B (Class M Star)
- Asellus Primus Academy for Novitiate Pilots (Cooperative, Independent)
- Asellus Primus Gold Legal Ind (Corporate, Independent)
- Asellus Primus League (Confederacy, Federation)
- Asellus Primus Nobles (Feudal, Alliance)
- Asellus Primus Purple Crew (Anarchy, Independent)
- Confederation of Dahan (Confederacy, Federation)
- Eranin Peoples Party (Communism, Independent)
- Pilots Federation Local Branch (Democracy, Pilots Federation)
- Terran Colonial Forces (Confederacy, Alliance)
- Players who start a new game in Elite Dangerous, own Elite Dangerous: Horizons, and do not choose to begin pilot training in Dromi will first spawn at Baker's Prospect in Asellus Primus. The loan Sidewinder MkI they begin with will have a Planetary Vehicle Hangar equipped and loaded with a Scarab SRV.