Combat Bond Vouchers are monetary rewards earned through faction combat in Conflict Zones.
Upon dropping from Supercruise into a Conflict Zone, the player can select their preferred minor faction in a special tab that appears in the Comms panel. Ships belonging to the selected faction become allied, while ships belonging to the other faction become hostile and begin targeting the player.
Combat Bond Vouchers are earned with each ship that the player destroys. They can be redeemed for credits through the Contacts section of the station services menu at stations controlled by the minor faction that issued the bond. As with Bounty Vouchers, bonds are also awarded for assisted kills.
The value of rewarded bonds for destroyed ships is fixed and depends upon ship type, where heavier ships tend to be more valuable.
Ship Reward (CR) F63 Condor 20,000 Gu-97 23,000 Eagle MkII 40,000 Thargoid Scout 40,000 Cobra MkIII 80,000 Imperial Courier 80,000 Viper MkIII
100,000 Asp Scout 120,000 Asp Explorer 140,000 Vulture 180,000 Imperial Clipper 220,000 Federal Dropship 220,000 Federal Assault Ship 220,000 Python 260,000 Anaconda 360,000 Federal Corvette 400,000 Imperial Cutter 505,000 Farragut-Class Battle Cruiser
750,000 Thargoid Interceptor Cyclops 8,000,000 Thargoid Interceptor Basilisk 24,000,000 Thargoid Interceptor Medusa 40,000,000 Thargoid Interceptor Hydra 60,000,000
Tips and Tactics
- The reward range for combat bond vouchers seems meager compared to bounty vouchers. However note that you are in a co-operative battle.
- Prioritize Federal Corvettes, Imperial Cutters, Anacondas and Pythons. If there are none in scanner range, use "Select highest threat" targeting control to find your next target, regardless of their Combat Bond value - at least one or more Friendlies will engage same target, giving you a wingman - this makes fighting bigger ships much easier. Because this is a co-operative battle it is acceptable to get in on kills etc.
- By continuously eliminating the same target as NPC Friendlies, you will be able to establish a power ball of friendly ships, which will steamroll around your Conflict Zone. It occasionally breaks up when it comes on a fresh spawn of Hostile ships. Watch your radar for large concentrations of hostile ships, and if you spot your Friendlies heading in that direction, simply let them charge in, then go in for assist on heaviest Hostile ship and start over.
- Combat Bond Voucher rewards were doubled in the Powerplay (1.3) update.
- Combat Bond Voucher values were further increased in a balancing pass on December 8, 2020.