Cooperate with Commanders en masse to reshape the galaxy.
— Official Description
Community Goals allow the community to work together on an ongoing project within a system. It drives players to a particular space to come together or wage a conflict. Players can participate by travelling to a system where a goal is available and joining via the Mission Board. After joining the player can view goal objectives, participation and completion via the "Transactions" tab of the ship's left side panel.
A list of active Community Goals can be found on the official website. Each Community Goal is accompanied by an in-depth explanation post on the forums that will explain any unique participation mechanics and bonus rewards.
Before a player can contribute to a Community Goal, they must sign up for it in any Mission Board. Any contributions made at a Community Goal host station or megaship will not count towards the Community Goal if the contributor is not signed up. Each Community Goal has tiers. The more tiers achieved through the mission, the higher the reward; this usually means participants will receive more credits or a related bonus reward, but in some cases the tier will also determine the scale of the global reward. For example, in a CG that involves constructing five starports, building all five may require reaching tier 5.
Community Goals end when the highest tier listed has been reached or the time limit ends, whichever comes first. Some Community Goals, such as those involving two factions in a conflict, may have their maximum tiers set well beyond the community's ability to complete them in order to ensure that they run for the entirety of the time limit.
Depending on the type of CG, the method of making a contribution may differ.
|CG Type||Contribution Required||Where to Turn-in|
|Rares Trading||Rare Commodities||Commodities Market|
|Salvage||Commodities||Authority Contact or Search & Rescue Agent|
|Exploration||Star system and planetary scan data||Universal Cartographics|
|Data/Materials||Encoded Materials, Manufactured Materials, and/or Raw Materials||Research Contact|
|Bounty Hunting||Bounty Voucher||Authority Contact|
|Conflict||Combat Bond Voucher||Combat Bond Contact|
|Anti-Xeno||Thargoid Commodities and/or Manufactured Materials||Research Contact|
CGs always reward a number of credits depending on the CG tier reached. Additional global and player rewards may be offered, and may be restricted to certain participation levels. Credits are usually distributed as soon as a CG completes or its time expires, while other rewards may be distributed on the first day following the CG's full week, or at later dates. Reward distribution does not occur for all players simultaneously, so some players may receive their rewards later than others. All player rewards are made available at the CG's host station.
If a player does not claim their CG rewards within two weeks, any credits they earned will be automatically added to their balance. Other rewards will remain available for pickup or transfer at the CG host station indefinitely.
- Credits (based on the completion tier of the CG and the participation tier reached by the player)
- Discounts on ships, modules, and commodities
- Unique ship decals
- Unique ship paintjobs
- System permits
- Technology Broker unlocks
- Modules with two Engineering modifications
- Determining the outcome of a story event (such as one faction prevailing over another in a conflict and gaining control of a system)
- Construction of new stations, megaships, surface ports, installations, or settlements in one or more systems
- Expansion of services offered at an existing or planned station or surface port
- Upgrading an existing outpost into a full-sized starport
- Addition of new commodities or rare commodities
- Addition of new modules for sale in station outfitting services
- Community Goals were the headline feature of Elite Dangerous update 1.1.
- Players can submit proposals for new Community Goals by contacting Frontier's community team.
- The very first Community Goal was to construct the Orbis starport Unity in the New Yembo system. The campaign ran from February 10, 2015 to February 17, 2015, and the starport was added by March 5, 2015.