Community Goals allow the community to work together on an ongoing project within a system. Players can participate by travelling to a system where a goal is available and joining via the Bulletin Board. After joining the player can view goal objectives, participation and completion via the "Transactions" tab of the ship's left side panel.
Each community goal have tiers. The more tiers achieved through the mission, the higher the reward. Community Goals end when the highest tier listed has been reached or the time limit ends, whichever comes first.
A list of active community goals can be found on the official forums in this thread.
Note: Possibly due to a bug whereby people who cashed in their rewards late got a higher rank, as of somewhere after v1.3 (noted around start of July 2015) Community Goals now cash in automatically.
All community goals are different and have a story involved with them.
- Starport Construction
- Capital Ship construction
- Top contributor gets to name the capital ship
- Bring in specific commodity or commodity type
- Steal illegal commodities from ships
- Kill ships in Conflict Zones
- Collect exploration data
- Story related events
- Credits that increment for each tier achieved
- Ships and/or module discount
- Story related reward
- Starport constructed