Content presented on this page has not been released yet. Details are subject to change before release, and anything unsupported by a source may be speculation or incorrect.
The December Update is a planned standalone content update for Elite Dangerous that will be released in December 2019. After the September Update, it will be the third of a series of updates throughout 2019 designed to provide quality of life improvements and a more welcoming beginning experience for new players.
- Fleet Carriers
- Pilots gain the ability to purchase and control a mobile Fleet Carrier ship with multiple Landing Pads that can be used by Squadrons. The owner can set docking permissions to determine who may dock.
- Fleet Carriers cost an enormous sum of credits, and a pilot is restricted to owning one.
- Fleet Carriers have multiple loadouts of available services, modules, and shipyard stock suited for specific roles. They can be further specialized with an Exploration, Mining, or Mercenary Support Vessel.
- The owner of a Fleet Carrier can schedule jumps to different systems, provided the Fleet Carrier has a sufficient amount of a unique fuel resource. Fleet Carriers have a maximum jump range of 500 ly.
- Other features TBA
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Frontier Forums: Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Frontier Forums: Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details