For players to be promoted through the Empire's ranks they must complete missions or other favourable activities with minor factions of the Empire. How much progress one has made toward the next rank can be seen in the right HUD panel, in the Reputation section of the Status tab.
Mission Tips Edit
There are several types of missions that improve ranks. Common tactics for fast rank progress are:
- Charity missions, which require donating large quantities of Credits but no effort to do.
- Data courier missions, which are low-paying but can be completed with little risk.
- Trade of Imperial Slaves, will only earn credits unless attached to a mission.
- Running passenger missions at a damaged station for Empire allied factions. The sheer number of missions and quick trip to the rescue vessel can fill the progress bar quickly.
- Running source-and-return missions at a station under repair with three or more Empire allied factions. A pilot can pick up several missions to bring supplies like semiconductors, superconductors, polymers, etc. which are 9 units or less. While passenger evacuation is faster, one can pick up ten or so easy missions to boost their rep.
Finding a System that best offers these opportunities can be hard due to faction states changing constantly and a need for the minor factions to be aligned to the relevant superpower.
Completing a promotion mission for the Imperial Navy will increase rank by one Level. Any rank Progress gained while waiting for the rank up mission, at 100% towards next rank, already counts towards the next rank. The missions are generally titled "[mission type] for Imperial Navy".