Every citizen has rights and freedoms that are enshrined in the Constitution. They can legally vote in Federal elections such as the election for Congressmen and the President of the Federation. Any citizen can run for election to Federal Congress and in Presidential elections.
Names for Federal citizens
The terms "Federals" or "Feds" are also used for Federal Citizens. Examples:
'Federals, Imperials and Alliance,' Turner said, walking around to the head of the table. 'Good. I require your full attention. is will not take long, but I think you'll find it most interesting.'
One Commander said: "I'm here to protect the barnacles – I don't care about Feds or Imps. This is a prime example of politics getting in the way of what's truly important. They need to get off their high horses and discuss how we can protect the barnacles."
- GalNet: Galactic News: Federal Capital Ship Destroyed by Thargoids - 16 SEP 3303
- https://eddb.io/system Federation populated systems
- The Federation Sourcebook, EDRPG
- Newsletter #22
- Frontier Forums: Governments and politics in Elite Dangerous
- Galactic Superpowers - Story - Elite Dangerous
- GalNet: Freelance Report: Federal Expansion Brought to a Halt - 11 JUL 3302
- Elite Dangerous: Premonition, page 330