Content presented on this page has not been released yet. Details are subject to change before release, and anything unsupported by a source may be speculation or incorrect.
The Fleet Carrier is a capital ship manufactured by Brewer Corporation. It is the largest vessel that independent pilots can purchase, and features multiple Landing Pads to accommodate Squadrons, making it a mobile base with the functionality and resources of a typical Station.
Fleet Carriers are a unique type of mobile Megaship that can be purchased for an enormous sum of credits and are commanded by a single pilot. Pilots are restricted to owning only one Fleet Carrier each. The main feature of the vessels is their Landing Pads, which provide many of the same services as conventional Stations, including Refuel, Repair, Rearm, and Outfitting. There are multiple loadouts suited for specific roles with different available services, modules, and even shipyards. Each Fleet Carrier possesses 8 large, 4 medium, and 4 small Landing Pads. The vessel's owner controls its docking permissions, and can restrict who may dock.
Fleet Carriers are equipped with a Capital Ship-class Frame Shift Drive, similar to the Farragut Battle Cruiser and Majestic Class Interdictor, allowing it to jump between star systems. All Fleet Carriers have a maximum jump range of 500 ly, and jumps can be scheduled via the Galaxy Map. In order to undertake a jump, the ship must be supplied with a certain amount of a unique resource.
Fleet Carriers can be further tailored to specific roles through the acquisition of Support Vessels, which change the Fleet Carrier's available services and modules. Support Vessels do not include Landing Pads, and accompany the main Fleet Carrier in formation. Only one Support Vessel can be active at a time.
|Support Vessel Type||Services||Modules||Image|
- The Fleet Carrier will be released with the December Update in December 2019. Purchasing it will not require owning Elite Dangerous: Horizons.
- Fleet Carriers were originally planned to be included in Chapter Four (3.3) of Elite Dangerous: Beyond alongside the Squadrons feature, but were delayed.
- Fleet Carriers were conceived as early as 2017. During that year's Frontier Expo, the Frontier Developments art director stated that carriers had not been designed yet, but their functions had been decided.
- The official Elite Dangerous - Digital Art Book has concept art of a possible carrier ship.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Frontier Forums: Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details
- ↑ Announcement Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal
- ↑ Frontier Forums: Important Community Update
- ↑ r/Elite Dangerous: So is this really concept art for Fleet Carriers?
- ↑ Frontier Expo 2017 Live at 1:35:30
- ↑ Elite Dangerous - Digital Art Book
|Ships marked with H can only be purchased and used by pilots who own Horizons.|
The Cobra MkIV is only available to pilots who preordered Horizons.