Content presented on this page has not been released yet. Details are subject to change before release, and anything unsupported by a source may be speculation or incorrect.
The Fleet Carrier Update, formerly known as the December Update, is a planned standalone content update for Elite Dangerous that was originally scheduled for release in December 2019, but was delayed to Q2 2020. After the September Update, it was to have been the third of a series of updates throughout 2019 designed to provide quality of life improvements and a more welcoming beginning experience for new players.
- Fleet Carriers
- Pilots gain the ability to purchase and control a mobile Fleet Carrier ship with multiple Landing Pads that can be used by Squadrons. The owner can set docking permissions to determine who may dock.
- Fleet Carriers cost an enormous sum of credits, and a pilot is restricted to owning one.
- Fleet Carriers have multiple loadouts of available services, modules, and shipyard stock suited for specific roles. They can be further specialized with an Exploration, Mining, or Mercenary Support Vessel.
- The owner of a Fleet Carrier can schedule jumps to different systems, provided the Fleet Carrier has a sufficient amount of a unique fuel resource. Fleet Carriers have a maximum jump range of 500 ly.
- Other features TBA
- ↑ Frontier Forums: Community Update (22/10)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Frontier Forums: Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Frontier Forums: Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details