Krait MkI is a ship, item, or other feature that is not confirmed to be in development for Elite Dangerous. It may or may not be added to the game at a later date.
|Landing Pad Size||Small|
|Dimensions||24.4m x 27.5m x 6.0m|
|Unladen Jump Range||20 ly|
|Fuel Capacity||2 t|
The Krait MkI, also known as the Krait Lightspeeder, is a combat ship that was manufactured by Faulcon DeLacy in the 3100s. Though the small and nimble Krait proved popular, production was discontinued many years before the 3300s, and the design is now considered antiquated. The ship's distinctive wing mounts were used to attach weapons or long range aerial pylons for exploration. Two new, re-imagined models of the Krait, the Krait MkII and Krait Phantom, were released in 3304.
An out-of-production spacecraft produced by Faulcon DeLacy and one of its earliest designs. The Krait once led the field in small scale fighter craft - faster, more agile, and more heavily armed than most of its rivals, the design sold in the millions. Now the Krait is largely obsolete. It remains a heavily armed fighter for its size, but its sluggish speed and sub-standard manoeuvrability make it vulnerable to escort fighters and modern police ships. Kraits are still found in the poorer and more anarchic parts of the galaxy - most are a hodgepodge of old and new technology cobbled together. In combat, the Krait is often paired off against larger ships, such as the Cobra and Asp, who match the tiny ship in manoeuvrability, but who remain vulnerable to the Krait's impressive weaponry.
- Several Kraits were involved in the 3265 Battle for Lave Station, but most were destroyed because of their inferior firepower and speed.
- Bill Turner kept a Krait among the collection of ships stored at his base on Alioth 4 A.
- The Krait first appeared in Elite.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Frontier Forums: Pssst. You wanna see a Krait?
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 PCGamesN: Feast your eyes on the Krait Mk II in the latest Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two cinematic
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Lave Revolution by Allen Stroud
- ↑ Elite Dangerous: Premonition
|Ships marked with H can only be purchased & used by pilots who own Horizons.|
The Cobra MkIV is only available to pilots who preordered Horizons.