|Expansion||Elite Dangerous: Horizons|
|Landing Pad Size||Medium|
|Dimensions||73.3m x 72m x 13.5m|
|Hull Mass||320 t|
|Mass Lock Factor||17|
|Top Speed||245 m/s|
|Boost Speed||337 m/s|
|Unladen Jump Range||8.99 ly|
|Cargo Capacity||82 t|
|Fuel Capacity||32 t|
|Hardpoints||4x Utility Mounts|
2x Medium Hardpoints
3x Large Hardpoints
|Internals||1x Size 1 Compartment|
1x Size 2 Compartment
2x Size 3 Compartments
1x Size 4 Compartment
2x Size 5 Compartments
2x Size 6 Compartments
|Maximum Non-Engineered Specs|
|Top Speed||274 m/s|
|Boost Speed||383 m/s|
|Unladen Jump Range||30.79 ly|
|Cargo Capacity||230 t|
The Krait MkII is a ship manufactured by Faulcon DeLacy. The modern successor of the discontinued Krait MkI, the Krait MkII greatly expands upon the premise of the original, resulting in a larger, well-rounded ship intended to provide a more combat-focused alternative to Faulcon DeLacy's other mid-size multipurpose craft, the Python. Due to its inconspicuous design, the Krait MkII is also less likely to attract the attention of local authorities and has potential as a smuggling vessel.
The Krait MkII is a reimagining of the Krait Lightspeeder, which was originally manufactured by Faulcon DeLacy in the 3100s. Although the new ship is larger than the original, it possesses many of the same characteristics, emphasizing speed, manoeuvrability and firepower over defensive capability. The ship also boasts a fighter bay and space for up to two crew members, making it a good option for those seeking a medium-weight, multipurpose vessel.
— In-Game Description
The Krait MkII is a leaner, meaner alternative to the Python, featuring almost identical module and hardpoint specifications. The main differences are that the Krait is cheaper, faster and more agile, has one fewer Class 6 internal compartment, weaker armour and shield, and the ability to carry a Fighter Hangar. These make the Krait a faster, more agile ship than the Python with a higher jump range potential and excellent combat capability, but slightly less utility as a freighter.
The Krait's three large hardpoints are mounted in a delta pattern on the vessel's dorsal surface, behind the cockpit. The two medium hardpoints are mounted on the underside of the front-most points of the hull, on either side of the cockpit and slightly forward.
The primary pilot's seat is located squarely along the centerline of the ship, but the cockpit itself extends from the hull and is slightly under-slung, affording a wide, unobstructed frontal view reminiscent of a Lakon Spaceways ship such as the Asp Explorer. The two secondary pilot seats flank the primary pilot seat to the left and right, and have separate canopies.
Purchase Locations Edit
|Shinrarta Dezhra||Jameson Memorial||Always available||10% discount|
|Brestla||i Sola Prospect||Always available||20% surcharge|
|109 Piscium||Ising Dock||Feb. 2, 2019||15% discount|
|Colonia||Jaques Station||Jul. 17, 2018|
|Phraces||Potter Enterprise||Jul. 13 2018|
|51 Arietis||Dillon Hub||Jun. 28, 2018|
|Narri||Bobko City||Jun. 28, 2018|
|Tarach Tor||Tranquility||Jun. 28, 2018|
|LP 726-6||Vesalius Gateway||Jun. 29, 2018|
|Colonia||Colonia Hub||Jun. 30, 2018|
|Bestia||Duffy Port||Jun. 30, 2018|
|Wolf 896||Fraser Enterprise||Jun. 30, 2018|
|HIP 4003||Ptack Hub||Jul. 18, 2018|
|Gilgamesh||Lopez de Haro Ring||Jul. 1, 2018|
|LTT 7548||Boltzmann Gateway||Jul. 1, 2018|
|Groombridge 1618||Gernsback Terminal||Jul. 1, 2018|
|Groombridge 1618||Franklin Ring||Jul. 1, 2018|
|Rohini||Eudaemon Anchorage||Aug. 14, 2018|
|Clayakarma||Burnham Camp||Jul. 10, 2018|
|Shaplintin||Phillifent Vision||Jul. 10, 2018|
|Gandharvi||Caravanserai||Jul. 10, 2018|
|Zaraluvul||Plexico Ring||Jul. 13, 2018|
|Aulin||Aulin Enterprise||Jul. 15, 2018|
|Phraces||Potter Enterprise||Jul. 13, 2018|
|Pleiades Sector DL-Y d65||Agricola's Ascent||Jul. 26, 2018|
|Rasalhague||Vasyutin Dock||Aug. 5, 2018|
|Silvandza||Shonin Enterprise||Sep. 19, 2018|
|Lei Zi||Macedo||Nov. 3, 2018|
|Djabushis||Cheli Terminal||Dec. 24, 2018|
|Luyten 145-141||Euclid Station||Feb. 12, 2019|
- Main article: Outfitting
All ships are highly customisable through the Outfitting menu of Station Services. Listed below is the default load-out for the Krait MkII.
|Category||Default System||Default Rating||Default Class||Max Class|
|Medium Hardpoint||Pulse Laser (L)||F||1||2|
|Pulse Laser (L)||F||1||2|
|Reactor Bay||Power Plant||E||7||7|
|Frame Shift Drive Housing||Frame Shift Drive||E||5||5|
|Environment Control||Life Support||E||4||4|
|Power Coupling||Power Distributor||E||7||7|
|Fuel Store||Fuel Tank [x32]||C||5||5|
|Internal Compartments||Shield Generator||E||6||6|
|Cargo Rack [x32]||E||5||6|
|Cargo Rack [x32]||E||5||5|
|Cargo Rack [x16]||E||4||5|
|Cargo Rack [x2]||E||1||2|
|Planetary Approach Suite (H)||I||1||1|
- (L) = Loaned Module
- [x#] = Capacity
- (H) = Requires Elite Dangerous: Horizons, reserved solely for Planetary Approach Suite
- The Krait MkII was released with the Chapter Two (3.1) update of Elite Dangerous: Beyond on June 28, 2018. Purchasing it requires owning Elite Dangerous: Horizons.
- Elite Dangerous narrative lead Ian Dingwall describes the ship: "You might think of the Krait Mk II as analogous to modern updates of the real-world Mini Cooper or Volkswagen Beetle... It's a reimagining of a classic that connects conceptually and aesthetically with the ship from 1984's Elite, while offering enough innovation and quality to compete with contemporary rivals in Elite Dangerous. While the Mk II embodies the essence of the original, it's very much its own ship."
- Senior designer Barry Clark said the Krait MkII "currently occupies a unique place among our ship roster and is very popular among players... The idea of a low-profile ship for Commanders flying dubious cargo was really cool to us, too. The Krait is a great all-round ship with a strong hull, powerful engines – which look super-cool – and a great load-out. It's also less 'conspicuous', meaning it's less likely to get scanned by the police compared to other ships of that size and class. It has significant straight line speed and power, as well as enough firepower to match the Python thanks to three large and two medium hardpoints. It has a really nice punch against a variety of ship types and sizes."
- The Krait MkII was first teased in the first trailer for Beyond Chapter 2, where its engines were shown.
- The Krait MkII may have been originally named the "Krait Tornado" after the Panavia Tornado.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 PCGamesN: Feast your eyes on the Krait Mk II in the latest Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two cinematic
- ↑ YouTube: Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Two cinematic trailer
- ↑ YouTube: Krait Expectations (46:51)
- ↑ r/EliteDangerous: Remember the Frontier Store leak talking about a Krait Phantom? Apparently we're currently flying a Krait Tornado.
|Ships marked with H can only be purchased & used by pilots who own Horizons.|
The Cobra MkIV is only available to pilots who preordered Horizons.
Ships by type
|Flight Operations Carrier||