|Age||107 (born 3198)|
|Occupation||CEO of Sirius Corporation and Sirius Gov|
|Command Capital||93 CC|
|Pack-Hound Missile Rack|
Li Yong-Rui is the CEO of the Sirius Corporation and its government division Sirius Gov. He is a member of the Li dynasty which has been involved with the Sirius Corporation since it was founded nearly 800 years ago. Yong-Rui has doctorates in physics, politics and economics.
With enough data we can predict almost anything.
— Li Yong-Rui
Meet the Powers – Li Yong-Rui
Sirius Gov CEO Li Yong-Rui is the focus of this seventh article from political commentator Marcus Macmillan about the movers and shakers in 3301.
In this week’s historical article from Sima Kalhana, she wrote about the founding of the Sirius Corporation. The Li dynasty’s involvement with the Sirius Corporation can be traced back to the company’s founding almost 800 years ago.
By the age of 25, Yong-Rui had earned doctorates in physics, politics and economics. He was hired by Sirius straight from college. He then quickly made his way up the ranks, and at the tender age of 35, Yong-Rui was made Vice President of Forecasting.
He has a proven track record in business, but has also demonstrated significant insight in the fuzzier elements and in particular how to provide effective government. With these skills he was considered the ideal candidate for Sirius Corporation’s new Sirius Gov division.
Li Yong-Rui is best for maintaining the discount: Corporate. He is passive to the discount: Theocracy Confederacy Anarchy Democracy Corporate Dictatorship.
Factions with the government type corporate can maintain the discount. These government types are passive to the Powerplay faction: theocracy, confederacy, anarchy, democracy, corporate, dictatorship.
We must seize this new golden age of expansion to expand the bottom line.
— Li Yong-Rui - CEO Sirius Gov
30 NOV 3304
- Aegis has stationed a security force in the Meene system to protect the engineer Ram Tah. An announcement was made by Professor Alba Tesreau: "Ram Tah's research has been enormously beneficial to our understanding of the Thargoids, and resulted in developments that aid us in the conflict. We therefore have a vested interest in protecting his work. We have deployed a security force that will provide continual support while allowing Ram Tah's operation to remain completely independent. Hopefully this will prevent any further disruption." There has been no response from the Sirius Corporation, which recently arrested a cabal of junior officers from its private fleet for launching an incursion into Meene. Li Yong-Rui, the CEO of Sirius Corp, has allegedly withdrawn his offer to work with Ram Tah on Guardian-human technology.
23 NOV 3304
- The Sirius Corporation has responded to the revelation that members of its private fleet coordinated a mercenary raid on the Meene system. Li Yong-Rui, CEO of Sirius Corp, told the media: "Following a thorough inquiry, we have confirmed that a cabal of junior officers, with the aid of mercenaries, orchestrated an illegal operation to gain access to Phoenix Base. Although their intentions remain unclear, I can confirm they were acting purely in their own interests, and without official knowledge. The rogue officers, including those extradited into our custody by the Meene Defence Force, now face multiple charges, and could be imprisoned for life. I would like to express my sincere regret over this incident, and to personally apologise to Ram Tah. I continue to hope that we can work together on further Guardian-human technology."
16 NOV 3304
- A link has been established between the mercenary group recently intercepted in the Meene system and the Sirius Corporation. Security Chief Harper Vargas of the Meene Defence Force said: "With the vital assistance of the galactic community, we were able to apprehend several of the mercenaries. Interrogations revealed that a number of them were in fact junior officers in Sirius Corp's private fleet. Other mercenaries confirmed that the attack was funded and organised by these individuals, which raises the question of why Sirius should be involved with this criminal enterprise." The engineer Ram Tah, who operates from Phoenix Base in the Meene system, commented: "Did Sirius really think it could obtain my research by force? Or was this an attempt to scare me into accepting Li Yong-Rui's offer?" A spokesperson for the Sirius Corporation refuted any allegations of criminal activity, and insisted there would be a full inquiry.
07 NOV 3304
- A mercenary group has been intercepted by security forces in the Meene system. Security Chief Harper Vargas of the Meene Defence Force reported: "Six hours ago, our forces were attacked by a small fleet belonging to a known mercenary group. Fortunately, we were able to defeat them before they could do serious damage. There is no doubt that the mercenaries' primary target was Phoenix Base. We suspect that this incident is connected to an attempted raid on the base that was repelled a few weeks ago." Li Yong-Rui, CEO of Sirius Corporation, addressed the incident: "I'm relieved that the attack was foiled, but this only demonstrates how precarious Ram Tah's situation is. I urge him to accept my offer to work with the Sirius Corporation – not only for his own safety, but also to safeguard future Guardian-human technologies."
02 NOV 3304
- The engineer Ram Tah has rejected an offer from the Sirius Corporation to support the manufacture of Guardian-human technology. In a public statement, he said: "These technologies, developed using principles discovered by the Guardians, are too important to become corporate products. I have no doubt that Sirius would aim for maximum profits, rather than using the knowledge to aid humanity. Using tech brokers to distribute the designs allows them to be widely available, and thanks to the generosity of Aegis, the tech brokers' costs have been reduced, making Guardian-human fighters and systems more affordable." Li Yong-Rui, CEO of Sirius Corporation, has stated that his offer remains open, and that he hopes Ram Tah will have a change of heart.
26 OCT 3304
- The Sirius Corporation has publicly offered to work with engineer Ram Tah in the development of further Guardian-human technology. Li Yong-Rui, the corporation's chief executive officer, made this statement: "Ram Tah's research into the Guardians is of central importance to humanity’s future, and I would therefore like to place the resources of the Sirius Corporation at his disposal. As the recent incident at Phoenix Base illustrates, Ram Tah's operation is currently at risk. Not only can we guarantee his safety, but with our manufacturing capabilities we can bring the benefits of Guardian technology to the whole galaxy." There has been a range of reactions from business analysts. Some have advised Ram Tah to take advantage of the offer to mass-produce his designs, while others have warned that Sirius Corp is seeking a monopoly over Guardian-human technology. As yet there has been no response from Ram Tah. Repairs to his base in the Meene system have been completed, following an attempted incursion by armed intruders.
03 MAY 3304
- Li Yong-Rui refuted Simguru Pranav Antal's claim that humanity could lose the war against the Thargoids: "With all due respect to Antal, his peculiar vision of humanity surviving as a mass of digital ghosts cannot be taken seriously. It's not as if civilisation is on the edge of collapse – for most of us it remains business as usual. Our survival instincts and ingenuity will keep our societies functioning for a long time to come."
27 OCT 3303
- Commenting on the Thargoid threat and the recent discovery of abandoned Intergalactic Naval Reserve Arm bases, Li Yong-Rui stated:
13 JAN 3302
If there's one thing these INRA logs make plain it's that humanity is capable of defeating the Thargoids, especially when we work together. And remember, most of the galaxy is functioning exactly as it always has, despite the presence of these alien aggressors. So let’s maintain some perspective, shall we?
— Li Yong-Rui
- Li Yong-Rui announced that the search had resulted in the recovery of the wreckage of the Antares.
22 DEC 3301
The wreckage appears to confirm that the component failure described in the ship's final status report did indeed result in the destruction of the Antares. My hope is that by subjecting the wreckage to further analysis, we will be able to determine exactly what caused the malfunction and apply this knowledge to the development of new safety protocols. With luck, we will be able to reintroduce the innovative drive technology used aboard the Antares. This discovery could serve as the catalyst for a whole new era of interplanetary travel.
— Li Yong-Rui
- Li Yong-Rui announced a new official search for the Antares, an experimental Sirius Corporation passenger liner that went missing when attempting its first hyperspace jump in 3251. He asked for Wreckage Components to be delivered to Davy Dock in the Procyon system.
15 OCT 3301
Since the Antares was lost 50 years ago, there have been great advances in scanning technology, and we believe it may now be possible to find the remains of the ship. We are inviting every pilot in the galaxy to deliver wreckage components to our research base at Davy Dock in the Procyon system. Once we have accumulated enough material, we will subject the debris to comprehensive analysis to determine its origin. With luck, not only will we find the remains of the Antares, we will be able to determine her fate.
— Li Yong-Rui
- Following their expansion earlier in the year into the HIP 8396, Almagest, Sothis, Ceos, and Robigo systems, Sirius Corporation CEO Li Yong-Rui announced a new initiative to revitalise the economies of those systems. The first stage would consist of an appeal for independent pilots to deliver osmium to HIP 8396.
- ↑ Sirius Corporation Announces New Programme
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Meet the Powers – Li Yong-Rui
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteSirius/comments/6twthe/pmfs_and_maintaining_your_systems_15_discount/
- ↑ https://eddb.io/system
- ↑ Aegis Offers Security to Ram Tah
- ↑ GalNet: Sirius Arrests Rogue Officers
- ↑ GalNet: Connection to Sirius Corp Uncovered
- ↑ GalNet: Mercenary Incursion in Meene
- ↑ GalNet: Ram Tah Rejects Sirius Corp
- ↑ GalNet: Sirius Corp Makes Public Offer
- ↑ GalNet: Antal's Pessimism Triggers Backlash
- ↑ Galactic News: Analysis from the Galaxy’s Most Powerful
- ↑ Sirius Corporation Confirms Discovery of Antares Wreckage
- ↑ The Search for the Antares
- ↑ Sirius Corporation Announces New Programme