A Passenger Cabin is used to transport passengers. They come in a variety of sizes and four quality classes: Economy, Business, First, and Luxury.
All VIP passengers will occupy an entire cabin regardless of how many members are in their party. They will occupy the cabin until the mission is completed or dropped. Non-VIP passengers are housed by seat rather than cabin. This means pilots can carry multiple groups in one cabin or even split the groups among different cabins (having the same class).
Unlike Cargo Racks, Passenger Cabins have mass even when empty. However, this mass remains constant and does not increase when passengers are boarded.
|Class||Rating||Quality||Mass (T)||Passenger Capacity||Value (CR)|
Purchase Locations Edit
|All||All||Shinrarta Dezhra||Jameson Memorial||Always available|
|All||All||Brestla||i Sola Prospect||Always Available|
|All||All||Beta Comae Berenices||Gresley Port||Dec. 2, 2019|
|All||All||Lidpar||Carlisle Station||Dec. 2, 2019|
|All||All||Beta-1 Tucanae||Adams Orbital||Dec. 2, 2019|
|All||All||Ratraii||Colonia Dream||Dec. 2, 2019|
- Passenger Cabins were added in the Elite Dangerous: Horizons The Guardians (2.2).
- A fifth class of Passenger Cabins, Prisoner Cells, was also planned but never fully implemented, despite being listed in the patch notes for Horizons The Commanders (2.3). According to Senior Programmer Dominic Corner, Prisoner Cells are lower than Economy Class in quality and while they technically exist within the game, they cannot yet be purchased by players. A bug occasionally causes some passenger transport missions that require Prisoner Cells to generate.
- ↑ Frontier Forums: Elite Dangerous: The Guardians 2.2 update
- ↑ Frontier Forums: 2.3 The Commanders - Changelog
- ↑ Frontier Forums: Prisoner Cabins, post #3