This guide is designed to help a new or experienced pilot get the most out of their spacecraft. It uses the Faulcon DeLacy Sidewinder as an example, but the concepts are applicable to all ships in the universe of Elite Dangerous.
The Codex shows information and stats of your findings, progress, session logs and a curated archive of your discoveries.
The Discoveries section shows 42 galactic regions with things that players found and things that aren't discovered yet. For example within a star system there are stars, planets, terrestrials, gas giants, species, settlements, generation ships, text and audio logs etc.
The Pilot's Handbook has detailed information about possible activities, ship outfitting and more. There's also a news feed.
It's recommended that you check the following guides. Note: some guides have outdated information.
- Elite: Dangerous Pilot Training Tutorials
- Elite Dangerous: Horizons Training Guides
- Official Players Guide (latest version), other languages
- EXO Pilot's Manual
- The Guide for Almost Everything
- Forger's detailed pilot's guide
- Technophebe's new pilot's guide
- Elite Dangerous – a comprehensive beginner’s guide
For support issues it's recommended you check the following places before submitting a ticket:
- Official FAQ
- Official game support forum
- Official support ticket submission
- The Galactic Academy is a portal for new and inexperienced Commanders to get help and support.
These videos outline the basics of Elite Dangerous and are recommended for all new players.
Fan-Made Video Guides
These are some fan-made video guides.
- Blazing your own trail in Elite: Dangerous
- This infographic provides a good overview and insightful starting information for each profession.
- A visual guide to exploration
- This infographic displays invaluable visual data about celestials.
- FSD Supercharging
- Guides Category for a list of guidance giving pages