Ram Tah is a reclusive Engineer who specialises in Limpets and utilities. You can use his skills to modify your ship's modules beyond their standard levels. His allegiance is independent and his base is Phoenix Base, located in the Meene system.
Ram Tah has traveled as far as it is possible to go in the galaxy. Over the years he has collected many strange and unusual items, and he's always eager to acquire something new and unknown from the black. On his travels he learned the value of limpets and various defense mechanisms, and so spent many years perfecting his craft in improving them.
— In-game description
Ram Tah is also the leading authority on the long-extinct alien race known as the Guardians. Using data delivered by pilots and explorers, he and his researchers made a decryption algorithm that could decipher data patterns contained in Ancient Obelisks, Ancient Data Terminals, and data cores found at Ancient Ruins, Guardian Structures, and Guardian Beacons. Thanks to Ram Tah's tireless research, he has pioneered the creation of human-Guardian hybrid technologies ranging from ship weapons and modules to Ship-Launched Fighters, all of which are distributed by Technology Brokers across the galaxy.
Access Requirements Edit
|Achieve greater than Grade 3 access with Lei Cheung.|
|Gain an Explorer rank of Surveyor or higher.|
|Provide 50 units of Classified Scan Databanks.|
|Craft modules, or sell exploration data at Phoenix Base.|
Modifications Offered Edit
The following modifications to modules are available from this engineer:
Chaff Launcher (Grade 5) Edit
Collector Limpet Controller (Grade 4) Edit
Electronic Countermeasure (Grade 5) Edit
Fuel Transfer Limpet Controller (Grade 4) Edit
Hatch Breaker Limpet Controller (Grade 3) Edit
Heat Sink Launcher (Grade 5) Edit
Point Defence (Grade 5) Edit
Prospector Limpet Controller (Grade 4) Edit
17 APR 3305
- Aegis has entered into a partnership with the engineer Ram Tah to manufacture Guardian-related technology. Senior Engineer Lilith Galloway made the following statement on behalf of Aegis: "We believe that Ram Tah's accomplishments, while impressive, represent only a fraction of what can be accomplished. We have therefore entered into an agreement that will allow Aegis to bring its considerable resources to bear in the manufacture of Guardian-related technology, both now and in the future." Galloway confirmed that technology brokers would remain licensed distributors of the Trident, Javelin and Lance XG fighters. Ram Tah also gave a short statement to the media: "To me, Aegis represents what can be achieved when humanity pulls together, and I am delighted to be entering into this partnership."
30 NOV 3304
- Aegis has stationed a security force in the Meene system to protect the engineer Ram Tah. An announcement was made by Professor Alba Tesreau: "Ram Tah's research has been enormously beneficial to our understanding of the Thargoids, and resulted in developments that aid us in the conflict. We therefore have a vested interest in protecting his work. We have deployed a security force that will provide continual support while allowing Ram Tah's operation to remain completely independent. Hopefully this will prevent any further disruption." There has been no response from the Sirius Corporation, which recently arrested a cabal of junior officers from its private fleet for launching an incursion into Meene. Li Yong-Rui, the CEO of Sirius Corp, has allegedly withdrawn his offer to work with Ram Tah on Guardian-human technology.
23 NOV 3304
- The Sirius Corporation has responded to the revelation that members of its private fleet coordinated a mercenary raid on the Meene system. Li Yong-Rui, CEO of Sirius Corp, told the media: "Following a thorough inquiry, we have confirmed that a cabal of junior officers, with the aid of mercenaries, orchestrated an illegal operation to gain access to Phoenix Base. Although their intentions remain unclear, I can confirm they were acting purely in their own interests, and without official knowledge. The rogue officers, including those extradited into our custody by the Meene Defence Force, now face multiple charges, and could be imprisoned for life. I would like to express my sincere regret over this incident, and to personally apologise to Ram Tah. I continue to hope that we can work together on further Guardian-human technology."
16 NOV 3304
- A link has been established between the mercenary group recently intercepted in the Meene system and the Sirius Corporation. Security Chief Harper Vargas of the Meene Defence Force said: "With the vital assistance of the galactic community, we were able to apprehend several of the mercenaries. Interrogations revealed that a number of them were in fact junior officers in Sirius Corp's private fleet. Other mercenaries confirmed that the attack was funded and organised by these individuals, which raises the question of why Sirius should be involved with this criminal enterprise." The engineer Ram Tah, who operates from Phoenix Base in the Meene system, commented: "Did Sirius really think it could obtain my research by force? Or was this an attempt to scare me into accepting Li Yong-Rui's offer?" A spokesperson for the Sirius Corporation refuted any allegations of criminal activity, and insisted there would be a full inquiry.
15 NOV 3304
- The Independent HIP 29241 Green Party has announced that its appeal to recover escape pods has been enthusiastically received by the galactic community. Hundreds of pilots supported the initiative by delivering pods to Felice Dock, and by protecting contributing ships in the Meene system. Security Chief Harper Vargas of the Meene Defence Force gave the following statement: "We have recovered a number of key figures within the mercenary group, and interrogations are underway. We will share more information when we have it." Pilots who contributed to the initiative can now collect their rewards from Felice Dock in the Meene system.
08 NOV 3304
- Following a skirmish with a group of mercenaries, security forces in the Meene system have launched an operation to capture enemy agents in order to investigate the attack. Security Chief Harper Vargas of the Meene Defence Force gave the following statement: "The mercenaries were targeting Ram Tah's Phoenix Base, but it’s clear they were just hired hands. We need to recover as many surviving mercenaries as we can and interrogate them, so we can find the real culprits." The Independent HIP 29241 Green Party, which is overseeing the initiative, has asked pilots to recover both occupied and damaged escape pods, and to deliver them to Felice Dock in the Meene system. The organisation has also placed a kill order on all ships on its wanted list, to ensure that those contributing to the recovery can do so safely. The campaign begins on the 8th of November 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
07 NOV 3304
- A mercenary group has been intercepted by security forces in the Meene system. Security Chief Harper Vargas of the Meene Defence Force reported: "Six hours ago, our forces were attacked by a small fleet belonging to a known mercenary group. Fortunately, we were able to defeat them before they could do serious damage. There is no doubt that the mercenaries' primary target was Phoenix Base. We suspect that this incident is connected to an attempted raid on the base that was repelled a few weeks ago." Li Yong-Rui, CEO of Sirius Corporation, addressed the incident: "I'm relieved that the attack was foiled, but this only demonstrates how precarious Ram Tah's situation is. I urge him to accept my offer to work with the Sirius Corporation – not only for his own safety, but also to safeguard future Guardian-human technologies."
02 NOV 3304
- The engineer Ram Tah has rejected an offer from the Sirius Corporation to support the manufacture of Guardian-human technology. In a public statement, he said: "These technologies, developed using principles discovered by the Guardians, are too important to become corporate products. I have no doubt that Sirius would aim for maximum profits, rather than using the knowledge to aid humanity. Using tech brokers to distribute the designs allows them to be widely available, and thanks to the generosity of Aegis, the tech brokers' costs have been reduced, making Guardian-human fighters and systems more affordable." Li Yong-Rui, CEO of Sirius Corporation, has stated that his offer remains open, and that he hopes Ram Tah will have a change of heart.
26 OCT 3304
- The Sirius Corporation has publicly offered to work with engineer Ram Tah in the development of further Guardian-human technology. Li Yong-Rui, the corporation's chief executive officer, made this statement: "Ram Tah's research into the Guardians is of central importance to humanity's future, and I would therefore like to place the resources of the Sirius Corporation at his disposal. As the recent incident at Phoenix Base illustrates, Ram Tah's operation is currently at risk. Not only can we guarantee his safety, but with our manufacturing capabilities we can bring the benefits of Guardian technology to the whole galaxy." There has been a range of reactions from business analysts. Some have advised Ram Tah to take advantage of the offer to mass-produce his designs, while others have warned that Sirius Corp is seeking a monopoly over Guardian-human technology. As yet there has been no response from Ram Tah. Repairs to his base in the Meene system have been completed, following an attempted incursion by armed intruders.
19 OCT 3304
- An attempt by armed intruders to access Phoenix Base in the Meene system has been foiled. The base is the home of engineer Ram Tah. Security Chief Harper Vargas gave this report: "Defensive systems alerted us to a small group of intruders who had breached the base's perimeter. Our teams engaged them in combat and forced them back to a waiting ship. Unfortunately, we were unable to identify the ship or prevent it from escaping. During the incursion, the intruders used explosives to sabotage the base's power network. Fortunately, the base remains operational." Ram Tah told the media: "I believe this was an attempt to steal research data or samples of Guardian technology – the implications of which are most disturbing. Although the attempt failed, it has disrupted my important research."
12 SEP 3304
- In an interview with independent media outlet Vox Galactica, engineer Ram Tah has discussed the XG Project, which produced the recently released XG fighters: XG7 Trident, XG8 Javelin and XG9 Lance. "Ever since the first Guardian ruins were discovered, I've been trying to combine their technology with our own. I drew up a blueprint for the original fighter, the XG1, before inviting other technicians to refine the design with a view to producing something commercially viable. The seventh iteration, the XG7, successfully merged human and Guardian ingenuity. The XG8 Javelin and XG9 Lance soon followed." When asked what the future holds, Ram Tah remarked: "My hope is that the XG Project is merely the start of a whole new era of technological development. While the current focus is the Thargoid threat, the achievements of our galactic forebears might one day improve every aspect of society."
28 AUG 3304
- Three recently detected energy signatures have been confirmed to be of a similar nature. The engineer Ram Tah made a statement to the media: "As part of my research, I regularly review data from surveillance satellites and ships that have picked up atypical signals. Although most turn out to be of no consequence, on this occasion I have identified three energy signatures that I believe warrant further investigation. The signals originate from the NGC 2451A sector, the IC 2391 sector and the Synuefe EN-H region. I have no further data, and at this time the signatures' meaning remains a mystery. I encourage any independent pilots operating in these regions to investigate. I do of course apologise if this turns out to be a pointless exercise, but in the pursuit of scientific knowledge, even the smallest opportunity must be explored."
06 APR 3304
- A range of new Guardian-inspired modules are now available from the galaxy's technology brokers. These modules have been developed by the engineer Ram Tah, following his acquisition of data from Guardian sites. Pilots can now purchase a Guardian power distributor, a Guardian FSD booster and a Guardian shard cannon. The cannon is available in both fixed and turreted versions. An independent engineering specialist made this comment: "These Guardian-human hybrid modules offer additional resilience and firepower – both very welcome to Commanders flying combat missions. By taking advantage of the Guardians' expertise, we may be able to replicate their success in fighting the Thargoids."
22 MAR 3304
- Aegis has published a report containing significant insights into the Thargoids. The information was provided by the engineer Ram Tah, compiled from recently decrypted logs found at Guardian sites. Key extracts from the report are reprinted below: "The codices indicate that the Thargoids may be an older race than the Guardians, and that the two species share a history of conflict. This hostility was a product of the Thargoids' belief that they had a pre-existing claim to the regions of space occupied by the Guardians. The Guardians attempted to communicate with the Thargoids, but these efforts ended in failure. They determined that the Thargoids' survival instincts were so strong that they could not tolerate any potential threat, including the proximity of another space-faring civilisation. It is now clear that the Guardians’ defensive drones and advanced weaponry were developed principally to protect their worlds from the Thargoids. Although details are scant, it seems these war machines eventually succeeded in repelling the Thargoids." Professor Alba Tesreau, head of research at Aegis, publicly commented on the report: "Thanks to Ram Tah and the brave pilots who explored Guardian sites, some of our questions about the Thargoids have been answered. It is clear that our current situation echoes that of the Guardians. Our space, like theirs, was seeded with barnacles thousands of years ago, and now the Thargoids have arrived to reap the biomechanical harvest. We now know that the purpose of the Thargoids' ongoing military offensive is to remove humanity from what they consider their territory. If the Thargoids adopt the same modus operandi as with the Guardians, their next move will be to start aggressively mining mineral resources. There is no evidence this has yet begun, however." Ram Tah has also made a statement about the impact of the findings: "Until now, the Thargoids have been shrouded in mystery, and their objectives have been unclear. For the first time, we have an insight into what drives them, why they are attacking us, and what their overall goals are. This is a historically significant discovery that I believe will make a huge difference to this conflict, and perhaps to humanity's survival."
10 MAR 3304
- Following the recent discovery of new Guardian sites, the engineer Ram Tah is seeking help from the galactic community to learn more about the long-lost civilisation. Further details were outlined in his latest announcement: "I have developed a decryption algorithm that will translate the codices at Guardian sites. However, pilots are reminded that accessing Guardian data is only possible when in possession of one of their artefacts." Pilots can obtain Ram Tah's decryption algorithm from any station in the Meene system other than Felice Dock. The artefacts alluded to by Ram Tah can be found at Guardian sites. Commanders are warned to be on alert, as the sites may be defended by Guardian drones. Ram Tah also stated: "I will be more than pleased to reimburse any pilot who successfully returns to the Meene system with a complete series of Guardian logs. There is so much more for us to discover about the Guardians and their history, and this could be a significant turning point in our understanding."
06 MAR 3304
- The engineer Ram Tah has revealed that his recent request for pilots to investigate possible Guardian sites has yielded significant discoveries. He has released this statement: "Thanks to many courageous Commanders, we have found several new Guardian sites and recovered a great deal of data. As I theorised, the ruins are not as dead as they seem, since some are actively defended by ancient Guardian drones. My analysis of the data has yielded key technological information, much of which can be put to immediate practical use. This has allowed me to produce blueprints for new weaponry and power-plant systems based on Guardian designs. I am currently liaising with technology brokers to manufacture and distribute these devices, which I hope will benefit the galaxy in these troubled times." Ram Tah added that he will continue to rely on the galactic community’s support in unearthing further knowledge about the Guardians.
27 FEB 3304
- The engineer Ram Tah, a leading expert on the mysterious Guardians, has requested help in locating undiscovered sites from the ancient alien race. He has issued the following statement: "The artefacts recently delivered to me have been subjected to intense molecular analysis. As a result, I have deduced the possibility of Guardian sites in three specific systems: Col 173 Sector QU-O d6-25, HD 63154 and Synuefe EU-Q c21-10. I urge the galactic community to investigate these systems, where I believe we may find further traces of the Guardians' ancient civilisation. I appreciate that this could be a wild goose chase, but data from such sites – if they exist – would be extremely valuable." Ram Tah has asked that any data be delivered to him at Phoenix Base in the Meene system.
15 FEB 3304
- Ram Tah has announced that the galactic community has responded positively to his appeal for Guardian artefacts, resulting in a large number of deliveries to Felice Dock. The engineer will now subject the artefacts to extensive analysis. As the campaign drew to a close, Ram Tah issued the following statement: "My heartfelt thanks go to all those who supported this initiative. I've already started work and I should have something to share with you soon." Pilots who contributed to the initiative can now collect their rewards from Felice Dock in the Meene system.
08 FEB 3304
- Ram Tah, the galaxy's foremost expert on the Guardians, has revealed that his research funding will soon end. In an effort to make the most of his remaining finances, the engineer has appealed to independent pilots to deliver Guardian artefacts to his base in the Meene system. In a statement, Ram Tah said: "Public interest in the Guardians may have waned, but I believe there is more to learn. Only through thorough investigation and analysis can we hope to fully understand the Guardians, their technology, and their relationships to other species. This knowledge could be of great importance to humanity." The campaign has received a financial boost from Meene General Industries, which has promised to reward pilots who deliver artefacts from Guardian sites to Felice Dock in the Meene system. The campaign begins on the 8th of February 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
09 DEC 3302
- Note: this Galnet article was released in error during the beta period for the 2.2.03 update, and was subsequently removed. When the update was released on January 10, 2017, the Galnet article was not republished, also in error.
- Ram Tah, the reclusive engineer leading research into the Synuefe ruins, has broken his silence. In a statement, he said: "I have made the first step in unlocking the ruins' secrets! Using data delivered by independent pilots and explorers, my researchers and I have created a decryption algorithm that can decipher the data patterns contained in the mysterious obelisks. But although this is extremely exciting, the real work has only just begun. I have taken measures to ensure that our algorithm is automatically uploaded to any ship that docks at a starport in the Meene system. The algorithm will allow independent researchers to decrypt data from the site. I sincerely believe that the knowledge in the Synuefe ruins belongs to us all, and I intend to do everything I can to facilitate access to that knowledge."
02 DEC 3302
- A few days ago, the research centre at Felice Dock in the Meene system was severely damaged in what has been described as 'an act of vandalism'. Authorities at the starport have confirmed that the attack left many of the facilities irreparably damaged. Readers will no doubt recall that Ram Tah's research project into the ruins of the Synuefe XR-H d11-102 system is based at Felice Dock. When asked about the delay in investigating the crime, system security forces said it was considered 'low priority', and that it was "probably the work of opportunists." Ram Tah released the following statement: "This is clearly an attempt to undermine my research into the Synuefe ruins. Since my investigations began, a number of agencies have made clear their desire to capitalise on the site for personal, political or military gain. The knowledge contained in the ruins does not belong to one individual or organisation – it belongs to everyone. My research programme has relocated to Phoenix Base. Strict security protocols have been instated, and anyone approaching without invitation will be fired upon."
25 NOV 3302
- Earlier this month, engineer Ram Tah announced a research programme designed to uncover the secrets of the Synuefe ruins. The engineer asked pilots to deliver data from the site to his laboratory in the hope that he would be able to decipher it. But Ran Tah's silence has prompted some to speculate that the engineer might not be up to the task of decoding the data, and that his attempt was nothing more than the naive dream of a backwater mechanic. When approached with these criticisms, Ram Tah said: "These things take time. I believe I have made a breakthrough, but I will not be pressured into offering untested claims. As soon as I have results, the galaxy will know."
03 NOV 3302
- Since the mysterious ruins in the Synuefe XR-H d11-102 system were discovered last week, the site has become a hotbed of activity, with hundreds of explorers attempting to uncover the ruins' secrets. Now the engineer Ram Tah has announced plans to conduct a comprehensive research programme with the aim of learning more about the site. At a press event, Ram Tah made the following statement: "The discovery of the Synuefe ruins is hugely significant, and the site is unquestionably worthy of further study. Fortunately, United Meene Labour has graciously agreed to fund a comprehensive research project. I am therefore in the privileged position of being able to devote myself to studying data from the site. It is my hope that by decoding this data, we can learn more about the civilisation responsible for the ruins. Having conducted a preliminary survey of the site, I have determined that Pattern Delta Obelisk Data would of great value at this stage." United Meene Labour has promised to reward pilots who bring Pattern Delta Obelisk Data from the Synuefe ruins to Felice Dock in the Meene system. The campaign begins on the 3rd of November 3302 and will run for two weeks.
- ↑ GalNet: Aegis Forms Partnership with Ram Tah
- ↑ Aegis Offers Security to Ram Tah
- ↑ GalNet: Sirius Arrests Rogue Officers
- ↑ GalNet: Connection to Sirius Corp Uncovered
- ↑ GalNet: Escape Pod Recovery Complete
- ↑ GalNet: Recover Escape Pods in Meene
- ↑ GalNet: Mercenary Incursion in Meene
- ↑ GalNet: Ram Tah Rejects Sirius Corp
- ↑ GalNet: Sirius Corp Makes Public Offer
- ↑ GalNet: Raid on Phoenix Base
- ↑ GalNet: The XG Project
- ↑ GalNet: Unusual Energy Signatures Detected
- ↑ GalNet: New Designs from Technology Brokers
- ↑ GalNet: Thargoid Revelations
- ↑ GalNet: Fresh Knowledge From New Guardian Sites
- ↑ GalNet: Ram Tah Announces New Discoveries
- ↑ GalNet: Ram Tah Searching for New Guardian Sites
- ↑ Ram Tah Campaign COncludes
- ↑ GalNet: Ram Tah's Last Hurrah
- ↑ https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/329047-Deleted-Galnet-article-for-Ram-Tah-mission?p=5144066&viewfull=1#post5144066
- ↑ https://www.radiosidewinder.com/galactic-news-ram-tah-breaks-his-silence/
- ↑ https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/584151ec9657ba28332a6a01
- ↑ https://www.radiosidewinder.com/galactic-news-ram-tah-releases-statement/
- ↑ https://www.radiosidewinder.com/community-goal-appeal-for-ancient-data/